In this step, consider the following key points in your web prototype.
Requirements: Laptop/Desktop, Prototyping software
- Avoid blinking or moving text: Avoid using the information which starts automatically and only lasts for 5 secs or have other parallel content. People with cognitive and learning impairments need more time to understand the information.
- Suppress blinking: Provide options to suppress blinking, flickering and flashing.
- No flash for more than 3 times in any sec
- Provide options to pause, stop the information: Carousel should have stop and play option so that people with cognitive and learning impairments can stop the screen and read the information.
- Give commands for special characters and short keys: Try to provide special characters and short keys options for your application. It would be helpful for people who cannot use mouse.
- More time for a task to complete: People with cognitive and learning impairments need more time to understand the information.
- Visible indicator: Provide visible indicator of current focus either using different color or a rectangle box or any other indicator.
- Use Alt Text: Make sure the code is having alt text for all images on the page.
- Support keyboard interaction: A user should navigate the application using keyboard only.
- Support customization through the browser: There should be customization like resize text possible through the browser.
- Provide Low or no background Audio.